Another proposal for modernization of our infrastructure

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Mon Feb 2 13:31:41 GMT 2015

On 02/02/2015 01:20 PM, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Sigh, I find it highly sad to read this over and over again. People keep
> confusing the flaky CI and the high quality barrier in Qt with gerrit
> itself... Seriously, gerrit the tool is OK, what makes it hard and what is the
> actual barrier to entry in Qt are the flaky CI which kills productivity and
> then sometimes the odd reviews with a pretty harsh tone that demand an
> extraordinary quality without holding your hand much. But that's not related
> to gerrit... These are different things, so please people - lets not confuse
> these things and say using gerrit means using it exactly like Qt is using it!

1) I wrote "contribute to Qt" intentionally there,
    not "use gerrit", because I'm aware of the diff.
    Although no, my unhappiness is not limited to the
    CI; many of my problems are actually linked to
    the way JIRA and gerrit have been made to inter-
    play for auth.

2) I've posted other criticizims of gerrit in the
    thread for a fuller picture of how gerrit adds
    to the unhappiness. Jumping on this bit, hand-
    waving it away and claiming we're now left with
    "gerrit is OK" is incorrect.

> Bye

Cheers,
Eike