Another proposal for modernization of our infrastructure

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Mon Feb 2 13:23:50 GMT 2015

Jan Kundrát wrote:

> However, we also have people with little to no experience using Gerrit
> just fine. Shall we therefore focus on explaining that contributing
> through Gerrit is actually not painful?

My two cents here: as an occasional contributor (and one drop in the ocean;
take what I say with more than one grain of salt), I'm good enough with git,
but the whole Gerrit approach doesn't feel too natural to me, and for sure,
I'd prefer simpler ways.

Not to say that RB was better, because I had my fights with rbt recently.
BUt in that case at least there's fire and forget, or KDevelop integration
(at least, used to work).

The issue is: for people that commit every once in a while, the workflow is
still a little too complex with Gerrit, at least the "proposed" one. Of
course, if there are ways around the problem, then it becomes a moot point.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter