Policy regarding QtWebKit and QtScript

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 16:43:22 GMT 2015

> On Dec 25, 2015, at 10:28, Thomas Lübking <thomas.luebking at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Freitag, 25. Dezember 2015 12:42:26 CEST, Milian Wolff wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, but how is "it takes long to compile" and argument for or against a piece of software if there is no feature equivalent alternative that takes less time to compile?
>
> How demanding is it exactly?
> Considering Gentoo users, it could be quite a problem if it takes 32GB RAM or something.
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas

The linking step needs 4GB of RAM, which means it takes 40 minutes of swap-thrashing just to link if you're on a 4GB RAM system that can't dedicate 100% to ld alone (the OS and disk cache need memory too!). I ended up renting an 8GB VPS for a few hours to compile a personally-patched Chromium.

But 4GB is not too much in this day and age. My computer is outdated.