Policy regarding QtWebKit and QtScript

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Wed Dec 23 16:29:48 GMT 2015

Hi,

>> Isn't the designated successor for QtScript QJSEngine
>> (I even assumed there should be some porting tools?)
>
> That's what I meant under 'qml engines'. :)
>
> A relevant mail by Frederik:
> http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/interest/2015-June/017446.html
for KTextEditor:

1) kross is useless for it

2) QJSEngine: I tried to port with Qt 5.4, but it didn't allow for all things needed like setting up some
global functions in the engine and wrapping custom datatypes like QtScript did, perhaps this has changed
but as IMHO no porting guidelines exist, have not tried it again. (attached the state of the port,
if somebody wants to give it a try) But as the above mail indicates, such a guide should come up.

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com