Change to Mail Infrastructure - SPF and DKIM verification will now be enforced

Jan Kundrát jkt at kde.org
Tue Dec 8 10:11:34 GMT 2015

On Tuesday, 8 December 2015 10:19:51 CET, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> a) Clearing the "subject_prefix" setting
> b) Clearing "msg_header" and "msg_footer"
> c) Disabling "scrub_nondigest" and "first_strip_reply_to"
>
> Depending on who posts to your list, you may also need to:
> a) Set "reply_goes_to_list" to "Poster"
> b) Set "include_sender_header" to "False".

So you're proposing that all mailing lists over the whole world should
cease adding the "[foo-bar]" prefix into subjects, and refrain from
adding/overwriting the Reply-To header (among other things). I've seen many
instances of these discussions, the bikeshedding was fun, but there was
never any particular outcome.

It is irrelevant what our personal preference is. The fact of life is that
there *are* mailing lists out there which perform these modifications, and
these MLs won't change their config despite changes on our side. If we
start rejecting these e-mails, well, our addresses will be unsubscribed
from these MLs and we won't be able to participate in relevant technical
discussions. If that happens, I'm afraid that the @kde.org e-mail addresses
will no longer provide their stated value.

Cheers,
Jan

--
Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/