Change to Mail Infrastructure - SPF and DKIM verification will now be enforced

Jan Kundrát jkt at kde.org
Fri Dec 4 10:28:03 GMT 2015

On Friday, 4 December 2015 10:56:42 CET, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Note that in the long run with DMARC looming you will need to switch
> to #2 anyway, and keeping your current behaviour will likely lead to
> mail from people who use Yahoo / AOL / etc ending up in the spam
> folder with many mailing list members. I'll be starting a discussion
> regarding taking this step on KDE systems at some point in the near
> future (switching to DMARC compatible policies).
>
> For more information, please see http://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC

Do I understand your plan correctly? The following projects appear to not
re-sign their ML traffic, and they mangle headers at the same time. If I
understand your plan correctly, this means that I won't be able to use my
@kde.org addresses on mailing lists of these projects, for example:

- Qt,
- Debian,
- Gentoo,
- OpenStack,
- anything hosted at SourceForge,
- and many, many more, essentially anybody who were ignoring DKIM.

Please, change your plans, this is obviously a huge no-go.

Cheers,
Jan

--
Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/