Phabricator: Make it happen already!

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Aug 26 19:05:46 BST 2015

Hello all,

So we've been evaluating different options to modernize our tooling, and for
some reason it looks like we're still waiting on some external pressure to
pick one. I'll then try to be this external pressure with this war cry:

Phaaab! Make it happen already!

It is basically what I reported during the Phabricator BoF at Akademy this
year. For some obscure (to me) reason, I ended up being one of those who tried
all the contenders, and to me, Phabricator is the best fit for our
community[*].

Also recently I'm seeing a surge of use in the test instance, so I'd say it is
time to get it out of limbo and make it official.

Sysadmins, could we move forward with it please and start migrating for real?

Thanks for your attention.

Regards.

[*] Obviously I'm leaving plenty of details here, I'm not debating the why,
I'm just trying to get the ball rolling.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net