[Development] Please help me get my pending review count down

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Aug 21 01:16:40 BST 2015

On Friday 21 August 2015 01:45:12 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> So with your new patches and https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/124856/ i
> can  run konsole fine both with --nofork and in the normal mode.

It wasn't racy before because the call from the parent process was queued in
the socket of the child process, but it didn't get processed until app.exec()
back in main() had been called. At that point, app existed and had been
registered.

With the patches, the handling of the socket is done in a thread, so it
happens immediately, before KUniqueApplication::start returns and, therefore,
before the /MainApplication object is registered.

The solution in the patch is a hammer. We can do it with more finesse by having
the child automatically start the new instance if it wasn't running before. I
don't see why we need the call to newInstance from the parent.
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358