kdesudo in git

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Aug 20 12:48:25 BST 2015

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 01:34:42PM +0200, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> On Thursday 20 of August 2015 12:16:55 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > I've just moved kdesudo into playground
> >
> > playground/utils/kdesudo
> >
> > it has a bunch of translations from its previous home on Launchpad.
> >
> > Could these be imported into KDE please?
>
> Do we really need it? I thought that kdesu can work with sudo if you configure
> it (runtime configuration, even if you can change the default with a compile
> flag).

Alas because of the separation that kdesu has between a backend and a
frontend it can't work with sudo's password save mechanism and it asks
for a password every time which gets very annoying.  Arguably we don't
need it since sudo isn't used much now for GUIs most things use
policykit but that would need some consultation to work out.

Jonathan