Plasma Applet for Audio Volume for kdereview

Manuel Mommertz 2kmm at gmx.de
Wed Aug 19 16:48:02 BST 2015

Am Dienstag, 18. August 2015, 10:05:30 schrieb Mark Gaiser:
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 3:10 PM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> > I think we should be peachy now. Can plasma-pa be moved from kdereview to
> > kde/workspace?
>
> Just my opinion as a plasma 5 user.
> Yes, please! Kmix was great under KDE 4.xx, not so much under 5.xx. This
> "feels" much better and cleaner to me (from limited testing).

Two things I noticed:
* The first channel from my soundcard is the HDMI-Output which I don't use.
But I have not found any way to tell the applet to use the second channel as
master. So the applets icon just shows 100% volume all the time while the
interessting value is only visible after clicking it.
* Global shortcuts for volume keys are assigned to kmix and I have not found
an entry for the Audio Volume applet. So volume keys are not working for me
when kmix is not running.