Plasma Applet for Audio Volume for kdereview

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Aug 12 11:05:34 BST 2015

On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 21:49:43 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 12:02 PM, David Edmundson
>
> <david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
> >> We've had it marked as hard requirement for a long time in
> >> https://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle
> >>
> >> But it's true that Plasma has been specially good in not following the
> >> rule.
> >
> > Plasma is not an application.
>
> I think he was referring to Plasma as a project there.

Also, the Evolve survey was pretty clear that we utterly suck in the
documentation arena. Playing with words doesn't solve that, writing
documentation and maintaining it does.

We may change the rules, and that's perhaps what we should do, but that
doesn't begin with "let's ship a new module without docbook", that should
begin with a cunning plan to move to online docs, the wiki, etc. and integrate
that into the help function of applications. Right now the help button is a
sort-of catch22, docs are usually useless, so I don't see the necessity to
write them, so they're more useless (or not present).

Anyway, discussion in this thread is moot, since I've committed a docbook
which is hopefully helpful for those who know to find it.

Cheers,
--
sebas