Plasma Applet for Audio Volume for kdereview

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Aug 10 11:33:40 BST 2015

On Sunday, August 09, 2015 14:59:59 Dāvis Mosāns wrote:
> > plasma-pa is a new volume manager and is intended to be a replacement for
> > KMix in Plasma.
> >
> > We plan to ship it as a beta in Plasma 5.4 and it's currently in kdereview
> > for your reviewing attention.
> >
> > https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdereview/plasma-pa
>
> I can't find how to move specific application to different output like
> you can in KMix, it's not implemented?
> This is very important feature for me. Also I think it would be handy
> if in tray would be another tab
> for changing volume for applications too and wouldn't need to open settings.

You can do that from the KCM, but not from the Plasmoid. Whether that's a
usecase we want to support at this point, I'm not sure (I personally would
like to see switching outputs per source easily). It's not material for its
first release, anyway. We're past feature freeze and the goal was to get a
basic first version released rather than having it lingering for a long time.
--
sebas