Notes from the Phabricator BoF

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Aug 5 10:24:36 BST 2015

Hi all,

Just clarifying a few things that have happened post discussion
regarding how we would use Phabricator, in particular Projects.
At this time Phabricator lacks sub-project functionality - which for
certain projects is problematic (whether it will be or not will depend
on your particular use cases and method of using project management
tools).

To workaround this, we'll create Projects with the "<Overall Project
Name>:" prefix for now, as a way of making all projects associated
with an overall group easy to find.
Once upstream has implemented sub-projects fully we'll transition to
using that instead of course.

Note that at this time we don't intend to migrate from Bugzilla -
Maniphest is principally intended as a integrated replacement to
todo.kde.org.

Thanks,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin