Replacement for KDateTime

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Aug 4 15:54:51 BST 2015

On Tuesday 04 August 2015 10:03:20 John Layt wrote:
> Nor do we want to use the data in the POSIX file as it
> has too many shortcomings and lacks features and simply uses a
> different set of format codes to CLDR. That POSIX file can only ever
> really be used to tell non-Qt POSIX locale using apps what settings to
> use under Plasma (i.e. Gtk/glibc stuff). If we're going to use a
> locale file for Qt internally we'd be better looking to load the CLDR
> json format instead. Indeed, it's an option I had been thinking of to
> replace Qt's custom locale feature once we stop shipping our internal
> CLDR data, or to allow embedded platforms to choose what supported
> locales to ship, but there are issues there and I'm not sure it's
> something Thiago would buy into.

Ugh...

If the date/time format in the POSIX locale is different, there are probably
other differences too. I withdraw my requirement to make /bin/ls work then.

What's your suggestion to make this work for a KDE environment and
applications, John?
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358