Replacement for KDateTime

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Aug 3 17:34:19 BST 2015

On Monday 03 August 2015 08:33:54 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> > If the format you're looking for requires support from translators, please
> > add
> > a new class to QtCore.
>
> Suppose there's such QLocale setting as described above, then it would
> be just a matter of some regexp inside the time formatting function which
> would add/remove the "ap"/"AP" strings for the clock. I imagine.

How would that setting be set? Who would set it? Is that something that the
clock app would use and allow the user to set?

If so, why not extract the time format and show that to the user? Or, at
least, parse it to set the default of "Use 24-hour clock"? If the user wants
to toggle 24-hour, save the new time format in the config file and use it to
format the time next time.

> > > Alternatively, do you John have any roadmap about QLocale? Perhaps
> > > we could help with filling the missing bits into QLocale directly too.
> >
> > The roadmap currently stands as follows:
> Does this mean there is no roadmap? :)

It means the roadmap is empty.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358