Notes from the Phabricator BoF

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Sat Aug 1 13:04:06 BST 2015

>>> This has now been corrected. Unfortunately the old default policy for
>>> issues, etc. was set to "All Users" rather than "Public" so we'll have
>>> to migrate the existing tasks and reviews over to that at some point.
>>> New ones should be properly set to public though
>>
>> You can use the conduit API to automatically set stuff to public, or
>> batch-process the tasks to change their visibility.
>
> Already checked the batch change functionality - it lacks the power to
> change visibility / permissions on tasks (unless I missed something).
> In terms of the Conduit API - I expected that to be the case, just
> don't have a script to hand to do it just yet :)

See the attached script for how to do it ;-) You will need to create a
bot user, generate an API token and install the certificate using
Arcanist before using it.
(and you will also need to adjust it to fit the KDE Phabricator needs,
of course)

>>> unless people
>>> explicitly override (please don't....).
>>
>> You could remove permission to override this setting, or only give it
>> to a specific group of people ;-)
>
> Hmm, where is this permission found? I haven't yet found one that
> allows you to restrict the ability to override default permissions,
> and it's one i'd rather like to find (I know Spaces does have some
> capability in this department though).

Maniphest Settings --> Edit Policies --> Set "Can Edit Task Policies"
to team which should be able to do it, our just to Administrators to
forbid others to change the default.

Hope that helps :-)

Cheers,
    Matthias