Strigi usage in KF5 world

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Wed Apr 8 01:12:39 BST 2015

On Sun, April 5, 2015 20:47:03 šumski wrote:
> Now i got suggestion by Vishesh and Albert to ask for a general decision
> regarding strigi-related code.
> IMO the code should be killed, as the classes are deprecated even in
> kdelibs4 code, so there isn't much point in bringing it all back in
> kdelibs4support, even though lxr.kde.org still shows some users...
>
> What do others think?

I was honestly surprised we still used it when I first built KF5.

I suspect it's because it was easier to port strigi (which is after all not
strongly tied to a toolkit) than to port its users, not because of a positive
decision to keep using strigi. But I don't know, I haven't done a lot of KF5
porting...

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne