"Quality is in the eye of the beholder" BoF summary
Albert Astals Cid
aacid at kde.org
Sun Sep 21 23:58:36 BST 2014
Hi all, this is the summary for the BoF that as follow up of
* We are Big and small at the same time, not sure how to fix it :D
* We need more tests and CI in different archs and OS
* We need more tools
- What are the most important crashes to fix?
- Automatic crash reporting
- Ubuntu has https://errors.ubuntu.com/?user=kubuntu-bugs&period=month
- Fedora has https://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/
- Having to go over each distro is not cool a kde wide thing would be great
- What are the most important features?
- Consensus is we have enough problems with crashes and this kind of "vote for my feature"
most of the time ends up being a social media friends contest
- There are some review boards stale
- Try to ping people
- All seeing team
- Team what would try to have a global view and ping people
- Do some bug gardening
- Close old products
- Delete silly bugs
- Find projects that need love
- An idea would be trying to get volunteers for a limited amount of time, not much commitment
- We don't find much steam in people wanting to join, it's something i'll keep doing in
my spare spare time, if you want to join, ping me.
More information about the kde-core-devel