Administrating project boards on todo.kde.org

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 20:20:01 BST 2014

> On Saturday 13 September 2014 14:38:03 Nicolás Alvarez wrote:
>> > Hey all,
>> >
>> > I hope this is the right place to ask. I would like to start using
>> > todo.kde.org more. It's imo a good place to track jobs that need to be
>> > done. I did not figure out how to add categories though. Can we somehow
>> > give project admins (see projects.kde.org) the required rights to that
>> > website? Or simply allow every KDE account to create a new subject and/or
>> > board?
>>
>> I just granted you admin access on todo.kde.org.
>
> Thanks. But, in general, shouldn't more people get rights on that page? Do we
> really need to request the rights to create a new board from the sysadmins?
> Same for categories?

Unfortunately the software is quite inflexible; there's only a
coarse-grained "Administrator" checkbox you can tick for users, which
lets them do *everything* (including giving and removing administrator
access from others!). Personally I'd be reluctant to give
administrator access to everyone...

If kanboard had more fine-grained ACLs, I agree that more people
should have access to things like editing categories.

--
Nicolás