About X11's WM_HINTS.UrgencyHint and KF5's NET::DemandsAttention

Paulo Lieuthier paulolieuthier at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 18:36:48 BST 2014

Hello everyone,

I'm a LXQt contributor and I've been working on getting it rid of Xlib calls
by using KF5's WindowSystem. It looks nice so far.

The problem I'm having now is that I can't get the taskbar to indicate a
window needs attention by using the KWindowInfo class.

This is how it worked before:

        XWMHints *hints = XGetWMHints(QX11Info::display(), window);
        bool urgencyHint = hints->flags & UrgencyHint;

And that's how I've been trying:

        KWindowInfo info(window, NET::WMState | NET::XAWMState);
        bool urgencyHint = info.hasState(NET::DemandsAttention);

Isn't NET::DemandsAttention supposed to be equal to WM_HINTS.UrgencyHint? What
am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

---

Paulo Lieuthier