10000 lines change in kdeplasma-addons 4.14 branch

Weng Xuetian wengxt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 21:41:38 BST 2014

Hi,
Sorry for all the trouble.

Sho on irc asked me that he want to test the ibus 1.5 support easier so I
get it merged for kde4. Unfortunately there's no further kdeplamsa-addons
for kde4 and I didn't finish this before 4.14, so it's also either leave it
broken in kde4 or add a usable version.

This change doesn't break old things but fix a never supported version for
ibus, and the old support is also kept in a different directory. So there
is no actual code deletion, and doesn't change the behavior for old version
of ibus 1.4.

The line number looks huge for following reason:
1. The ibus upstream changed quite a lot and made that ibus support must
parse a gtk key string. It's not possible to use gtk for just a keystring
parse so I was forced to copy some gdk key string parsing code here. In
this part of code there is a hardcoded key symbol to string table which is
unfortunately huge.
2. The old supporting code is also kept but moved, and new code is also
based on those code.

For i18n, there is no new string should be introduced.

In summary, this change doesn't break on old version, and introduce a fix
of supoort for new version which is never supported before.