research question

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 16:11:12 GMT 2014

Hi all,

A research question for you: how common is 'episodic volunteering', that is,
how often do people do short, one-off or irregular contributions, as opposed
to more long-term contributions, in your project?

"Episodic volunteers are volunteers who choose short-term volunteering
assignments or specific projects.  Episodic volunteers may be one-off
contributors or they can 'bounce-back' by returning for future assignments."

I think it varies between projects - so, just look at what you're involved
with. What % of work comes from regular contributors, and what comes from
occasional/one-off contributors? And what are your thoughts on quality and
importance?

It's for a scientific research project (not mine), if something interesting
comes out I'll be sure to share.

Hugs,
Disclaimer: