desktoptojson and list properties / i18n of JSON files

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Wed Nov 19 16:30:28 GMT 2014

Am Mittwoch, 19. November 2014, 01:28:51 schrieb Kevin Funk:
> On Wednesday 19 November 2014 00:09:25 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El Dimarts, 18 de novembre de 2014, a les 23:01:14, Alex Merry va
escriure:

> > > Because that's what Qt uses - Qt5 plugins have JSON metadata as
> > > standard,
> > > meaning it's all in one file (the JSON is embedded in the plugin,
> > > although
> > > it can be read without loading the plugin).
> >
> > And Qt introduced a technology without making it translatable? What fields
> > do we need to make translatable? Can somebody point me to such a .json
> > file
> > we'd like to translate?
>
> Here's one: http://pastebin.kde.org/p4p38fqr1
>
> That's kdevpatchreview.json, generated from kdevpatchreview.desktop via
> kcoreaddons_desktop_to_json(...) during the CMake run.

But the kdevpatchreview.desktop is installed nevertheless and is apparently
used to get the translations for Name + Comment/Description.
Having german translations for Name + Comment/Description only in
kdevpatchreview.json at build time, but removed after installation in the
installed kdevpatchreview.desktop file makes them untranslated for me.

Looks to me like translations are not supported via json files.

--
Burkhard Lück