tagging releases

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Nov 17 18:56:18 GMT 2014

El Dilluns, 17 de novembre de 2014, a les 13:39:07, Tobias Leupold va
escriure:
> Hi list!

Hi

> Sorry for the potentially dumb question, but I'm very new to all this ;-)
>
> Recently, libkface has been moved from extragear to kdegraphics/libs. The
> intention was to have automated releases of this library, as KPhotoAlbum now
> also uses it and not only Digikam anymore.
>
> As of today, there's no package (cf.
> http://download.kde.org/stable/4.14.3/src/ ). I think this is due to the
> lack of a corresponding tag (v4.14.3?) in the git repository?

Did you guys really expect libkface to be introduced with 4.14.3?

Introducing new libraries in a patch release is not a good idea.
libkface will be part of the Applications 14.12 release

> Gilles Caulier from Digikam said he thinks this would be / had to be done by
> some script, but asked me to investigate this further.

Speaking of which, i sent an email to *everyone* on November 1st asking people
to review the list of repositories that would be released and you guys failed
to notice libkface was missing.

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-cvs-announce/2014/000157.html

Luckily i noticed myself and fixed it.

So please next time read the emails i send to kde-cvs-announce, they are
important.

Cheers,
  Albert