desktoptojson and list properties

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Nov 17 17:50:04 GMT 2014

On Monday 17 November 2014 18:35:51 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Monday, November 17, 2014 02:04:51 Aleix Pol wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 12:24 AM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:

<snip>

> > Fine, I could add similar code to desktoptojson, but:
> > > Since desktoptojson will be called for the plugins we ship in
> > > KDevplatform,
> > > how would/could I make desktoptojson "know" about the
> > > kdevelopplugin.desktop file without it being installed yet?
> >
> > that would not work here as our service type is still unknown to
> > kbuildsycoca!
> >
> > > Or can we nowadays write the .json files directly, i.e. can
> > > scripty/ki18n
> > > cope with them nowadays?
> >
> > So, any chance we can use .json directly here?
>
> That should be possible, you can just drop the json file in there, and
> reference that in the K_PLUGIN_FACTORY_WITH_JSON macro.

So scripty and the ki18n crew can cope with .json files nowadays? No reason to
use .desktop at all anymore?

That would be an acceptable solution for me. Though I guess desktoptojson
should get a big fat warning that this it is deprecated and one should better
write .json directly to prevent such issues from occurring randomly in other
projects.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff