KDE Frameworks: There will be a beta 3

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon May 5 19:57:37 BST 2014

Hello all,

After the release of beta 2, we realized that it couldn't be the last beta for
several reasons:
 * a long standing release blocker in libsolid still wasn't addressed in time
for beta 2, it'll hopefully be solved in the next few days, otherwise we'll
put in place a contingency plan;
 * the paint is still a bit fresh on some of the internationalization work
after the sprint and it could benefit from some more testing;
 * some quirks were still found in the release scripts, so having an extra run
before final can't hurt to check all the pieces fit together now.

That's why on early June we'll release a beta 3. In turn, the final is now due
to be out on early July (one month later than expected).

Thanks for your attention.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net