Review Request 117157: Unlock session via DBus

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun Mar 30 18:14:32 BST 2014

Em dom 30 mar 2014, às 10:12:11, Thomas Lübking escreveu:
> On Sonntag, 30. März 2014 00:07:15 CEST, Martin Klapetek wrote:
> > However many distros disable gdb attach to running processes by default;
> > you have to either be root or echo 1 somewhere in /proc (for which you
> > also
> > need to be root).
>
> /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope

I'd never heard of Yama. It stands to reason that most distros do not have it,
which in turn means most distros allow attaching. And I guess most developers
will enable the tracing feature so they can attach and debug processes.

> On top of this, one could also have ksmserver PTRACE_ATTACH/SEIZE itself (at
> least on linux that used to be a singleton feature), but root access more
> or less implies "game over" in this context (you could simply replace
> ksmserver or the greeter app with a "fixed" variant and wait for the next
> incident)

Usually, root access and same-user access imply game-over. Which is why I
think this feature should be allowed in.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358