Help splitting kde-workspace

Àlex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Sun Mar 30 12:24:16 BST 2014

Hi there

It was requested by the maintainers of some of the projects that live in the
kde-workspace repo that they would love to keep the whole history after the
split. Doing such thing is easy for projects that have not been moved (kwin,
powerdevil) but otherwise it requires git-fu that we clearly lack.

The following folders (to be split) are the ones that need to be split keeping
all the history and where a simple git filter-branch won't cut it:
plasma-workspace
plasma-desktop
oxygen
libksysguard

So we need help to split those while keeping the whole history. Could you lend
us a hand?

Alternatively we could use grafts like we have done with frameworks.

Cheers.