Final kde-runtime splitting plan

Àlex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Wed Mar 26 10:42:01 GMT 2014

On Tuesday 25 March 2014 20:00:51 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Can you give a rationale of why we're removing the following things?
>
> kfile4
kfile4 is only useful to test a library that is right now on kde4support. Maybe
we can move it there if you want.

> kio_cgi
Who needs to execute a cgi script without a web server? If you do then we can
move it its own repo, I really don't want to see distributions shipping this
kio in a package such of "kioslaves-extras" since it really doesn't offer
anything useful for most of our user base.

> kio settings
Browsing the settings in the file browser does not seem like a really
convenient thing to have, and of course it adds more code to maintain.
If you want to keep it that's fine but then please become maintainer and tell
us where to move it (maybe kioslave-extra?).

Cheers!