kdesrc-build complains about a dependency cycle in kdelibs..

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sat Mar 15 20:51:44 GMT 2014

On Sun, March 16, 2014 09:04:39 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 6:18 AM, Mark Gaiser <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> > If i use the default config[1] i get this[2] error.
> > This is in an attempt to build parts of KDE 4.13 git.
> >
> > My kdesrc-build is at git branch
> > 598ad6225ddf1fa1d9701eaa0eb350b57eb337fc (fresh clone).
> >
> > Any idea what might be causing this?
>
> It looks like you might be trying to build both Frameworks and KDE 4
> together in the same build setup.
> While i'm not familiar with how kdesrc-build handles this, at least
> for the CI scripts, this is not a supported configuration.
>
> Can you try setting up separate builds?

Quickest thing to do would also be to add "branch-group latest-qt4" to your
global options.

A lot of branch names are very different now between KDE4 and KF5 versions of
some modules. It's possible those branch names haven't been updated in the
sample config so I'll try and take a look at it today.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne