KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2014-w10
ervin at kde.org
Tue Mar 4 15:59:58 GMT 2014
This is the minutes of the Week 10 KF5 meeting. As usual it has been held on
#kde-devel at 4pm Paris time.
Were present: afiestas, agateau, alexmerry, apol, mck182, mgraesslin, notmart,
Riddell, sebas, teo, tosky and myself.
* Alpha 2 is out!
* Next stop beta 1, once it hits the door we freeze API and feature set, you
have a small window if you still want to tackle those;
* Repository merges for kwallet and kdnssd still reported as pending...
* If you plan to attend the KF5 sprint, please register before friday, we
need to settle on the budget: https://sprints.kde.org/sprint/224
* afiestas has kwallet patches in need of review, valir being unresponsive
help is welcome;
* he also worked on cleaning up kded removing obsoleted bits;
* agateau finally got the dependency diagrams on api.kde.org;
* he's also looking in avoiding hardcoded frameworks list on api.kde.org;
* he also did some reviews and fixes;
* he's waiting for review on https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/116088/ ;
* last but not least he's about to post some wayland cmake fixes;
* alexmerry did a bunch of git merges;
* he's also dealing with the kdnssd merges (which turn out into not merging
and introducing kioslaves framework);
* he also did reviews and fixes here and there;
* and finally he wrote docs for writing FindFoo.cmake to be upstreamed;
* apol is working on kde-runtime tasks, porting to KF5, help is welcome;
* mck182 merged the knotify branch in knotifications;
* he's now going to kill knotify from kde-runtime;
* mgraesslin worked on ecm to improve FindEGL and FindWayland;
* he also worked on frameworkintegration to get QSystemTrayIcon mapped to a
* he's also doing a few more cleanups in NETWM;
* notmart is planning to move some of the imports depending on a single
framework to the framework itself;
* he also plans to remove a method which is dead code;
* sebas requested to do an exceptional 4.97.1 release of plasma-framework for
the needs of Plasma Next Alpha next week;
* he promised to make that a one time event though, next releases of plasma
will depend only on released KF5;
* Riddell changed the SONAME of all the libraries to 5;
* he also got busy bees packaging alpha 2;
* he reminds us that we should get serious at l10n:
* last but not least, this review is in need of love:
* teo is still working on ksecrets and got a bit burned out;
* he moved to kde-baseapps for a while;
* tosky is waiting on feedback on the docbook changes (PLEASE REVIEW):
* he's also investigating a bug in meinproc;
* and he's planning to do some cleanups in kdoctool;
* and he's asking to review the requests above PLEASE;
* ervin is just sending emails around;
If you got questions, feel free to ask.
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net
KDAB - proud supporter of KDE, http://www.kdab.com
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the kde-core-devel