Moving plasma-nm to extragear

Jan Grulich jgrulich at redhat.com
Sat Jun 7 09:47:31 BST 2014

Hi,

thanks for the quick review.

On Friday 06 of June 2014 22:01 you wrote:
> El Dimarts, 27 de maig de 2014, a les 20:41:23, Jan Grulich va escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > we would like to move plasma-nm to extragear/base and ask you for a
> > review.
>
> Looks like in these i18n calls you should use proper argument
placement and
> not "+"
>
> return i18n("Connected") + ", ⬇ " + Download + ", ⬆ " + Upload;
> labelApn->setText("    " + i18nc("Mobile Connection Wizard", "APN") + ": "
+
> userApn->text());
> labelApn->setText("    " + i18nc("Mobile Connection Wizard", "APN") + ": "
+
> mApns.at(i));

Yes, I'll fix it.

> Looks to me that also it would be easier if you collapse the three ifs in a
> single condition (i couldn't find any difence between the three bodies of
> the ifs)
>
> if (Type == PlasmaNM.Enums.Wired) {
> 	return i18n("Connected") + ", ⬇ " + Download + ", ⬆ " +
Upload;
> } else if (Type == PlasmaNM.Enums.Wireless) {
> 	return i18n("Connected") + ", ⬇ " + Download + ", ⬆ " +
Upload;
> } else if (Type == PlasmaNM.Enums.Gsm || Type ==
PlasmaNM.Enums.Cdma) {
>      return i18n("Connected") + ", ⬇ " + Download + ", ⬆ " + Upload;
> } else {
>      return i18n("Connected");
> }

True. I expected different values/information for each type, so that's why it
is separated.

> That's all i could find in a quick code review.
>
> Now i'm using 0.9.3.3-0ubuntu1 on my desktop and i find that i'd like a
> scrollbar to signal there's more networks, otoh i know QML basically
sucks
> scrollbar wise, so maybe adding a kind of fading/darkening anchored at
the
> bottom of the listview viewport that is shown when we are not at the end
> make it a bit more clear there's more stuff?
>
> I know i'm asking a lot there so feel free to ignore this last suggestion :D

I know it sucks without a scrollbar, but there is unfortunately no properly
working component for that. Your solution would probably work fine, I could
take a look when I have time, but I don't promise anything.

Btw. we already have a scrollbar in Plasma Next version.

Cheers,
Jan

--
Jan Grulich