SymbolEditor moved to KDE Review
steve.allewell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 06:34:08 BST 2014
The application SymbolEditor was recently imported to KDE Playground
under the KDE Incubator process (with KXStitch) having previously been
hosted on Sourceforge.
SymbolEditor is a QPainterPath symbol creator and was originally written
to provide symbol libraries for the KXStitch application which is a
cross stitch pattern creator. There is a possibility that these symbol
libraries may be useful to other applications that may use similar
functionality or requirements. It is a stable and mature application
having been in development for a number of years and has had several
An initial wiki entry has been created here.
A description of the file format used is here.
A more suitable home to be determined.
Having fulfilled the incubation criteria, SymbolEditor has now been
moved to KDE Review with the aim of eventually moving to
Extragear/Graphics if the review is approved.
To cover the requirements for submission:
* A Docbook manual is included in the source. Yuri Chornoivan has been
making some changes to reorganise the manual folder, fix some typos and
* No libraries are supplied but apidox is used to document the code.
* There are no krazy issues reported at EBN
(not sure if this will move with the move to KDE Review)
* No specific usability tests have been done, but SymbolEditor is being
used by a few users with few problems being reported bug or usability wise.
* There are no obvious performance problems identified at this time.
* SymbolEditor is completely translatable and a number of translations
already exist. Albert Astals Cid has moved these to l10n.
Please review the SymbolEditor application and let me know what needs
attention to reach an acceptable position.
More information about the kde-core-devel