KDE Applications December 2014 release: which apps are targeting Qt4/Qt5?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Jul 22 20:24:56 BST 2014

On Monday 21 July 2014 13:26:32 Frank Reininghaus wrote:
> * Many applications have an embedded terminal, which is provided by
> the Konsole KPart. If Konsole does not release a Qt5-based version in
> December, then any application which does will not have an embedded
> terminal any more.
>
> * All of Konqueror's functionality is provided by KParts that are
> provided by libraries and applications and that are loaded at runtime.
> If some of these KParts will not have a Qt5-based release, then the
> functionality of a Qt5-based Konqueror would be severely limited.

Are we figuring out a way to co-install both sets of KParts and load the right
one at runtime?

The Qt plugin mechanism should be enough to prevent the wrong .so file from
being loaded, but it would be easier on the system if the files were on
different paths on the filesystem.
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358