KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2014-w28

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Jul 9 06:14:09 BST 2014

Hello,

On Wednesday 09 July 2014 09:57:27 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On 9 July 2014 03:30, Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org> wrote:
> >  * ervin hopes to see kdepimlibs bits getting in sooner rather than later;
>
> Hmm? Sysadmin has already received a request to get the frameworks
> branch of kdepimlibs building on the CI system to allow for KMyMoney's
> frameworks branch to be built. I thought this was already underway?

There's work underway of course. Laurent is very instrumental there. But
there's still a long way to go AFAIK. Having a branch that builds is a first
step, but then splitting the repository will be necessary, figuring out which
parts of kdepim-runtime will go with which part of kdepimlibs, organizing the
splitted repositories so that they follow the existing policies, etc.

It's pretty much the kdelibs/kde-runtime work again, it shouldn't be
underestimated.

> >  * also he would like our developer story to be clearer, tooling needs to
> >  be improved for our different targets (especially third parties);
> >
> >  * finally he thinks we need to strengthen our CI system and tests to
> >  raise the bar on quality.
>
> Expand on strengthen please?

Sure, for the CI side what I have in mind is mostly about supporting more
platforms (at least windows, mac and android as mentioned earlier) with all
the results in the same dashboard (currently the mac results come from
"somewhere"). For the tests side, it is about getting way more tests
introduced, we might also want to start looking at the coverage data (although
the CI might be the bottleneck there).

Hope that clarifies.

Regards.
--