kactivities master becomes Qt5/KF5-based

Albert Astals Cid tsdgeos at yahoo.es
Tue Jan 28 22:52:09 GMT 2014

El Dilluns, 21 d'octubre de 2013, a les 19:14:23, Ivan Čukić va escriure:
> > Well, to be honest, if you don't want a 4.13 release i'd prefer you
> > actually use master for KF5. Otherwise people might random-commit fixes
> > to master and then wonder why they never got into a release, so the two
> > situations i
> > think make sense are:
> People don't really contribute to kactivities, but I agree.
>
> >  A) wait until we branch "KDE/4.12" and then use "master" for KF5, not
> >
> > release kactivities 4.13 and maybe release more 4.12.x of kactivities than
> > the rest of the SC if there are fixes for it
>
> This is what I was thinking of - until we branch, the branch is called
> frameworks, and after that it will be moved to master.
>
> > Am I making any sense?
>
> Perfect sense, as usual mate :)

Ping, 4.13 is looming over. If you want to make it so there's no new releases
of 4.12.x anymore and master is KF5 based, please discuss now.

Personally I'd suggest against it since seems that even if we dicussed for
that happening to kde-workspace people did not get the memo and got angry, so
unless you have a huge itch to make it happen i'd just do with kactivities the
same we do with kdelibs.

Cheers,
  Albert