Qt 5.3 to log all debug/warning/error messages to journald on systemd systems

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Tue Jan 21 11:54:54 GMT 2014

On Monday, 2014-01-20, 14:40:17, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> See subject. We're trying to decide whether we should enable journald by
> default on Linux distributions that carry it. If we do, it means any
> application that is not launched from a terminal would automatically write
> to journald instead.

What does "that carry it" mean? Is that a runtime detect or does the
distribution have to build Qt with a certain dependency?

I.e. if a distribution has journald (probably as part of a systemd package),
does Qt depend on that package or is that something Qt will discover during
runtime?

> KDE applications are the largest users of qDebug today.

This does not affect kDebug() or does it?

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring