Qt 5.3 to log all debug/warning/error messages to journald on systemd systems

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Tue Jan 21 08:39:28 GMT 2014

2014/1/21 Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org>:
> On Monday 20 January 2014 14:40:17 Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> See subject. We're trying to decide whether we should enable journald by
>> default on Linux distributions that carry it. If we do, it means any
>> application that is not launched from a terminal would automatically write
>> to journald instead.
>>
>> KDE applications are the largest users of qDebug today.
>>
>> If we changed the default, it would mean ~/.xsession-errors would probably
>> become rather empty. Is that ok for KDE?
> I like this +1
That would be pretty awesome, especially because journalctl has some
nice filtering capabilities. As long as it can be disabled by people
not using the journal (or don't want these things in their syslog if
the journal forwards them), I also don't think anyone could complain
about it :-)
Cheers,
    Matthias