KDE Frameworks: Looking for maintainers

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sun Jan 19 12:41:15 GMT 2014

Hello,

I thought it'd be interesting to some to get updated stats since my last call
to arms.

On Monday 13 January 2014 19:40:54 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> This is a reminder that we're still looking for maintainers for our
> frameworks.

Out of the 57 existing frameworks 25 have no maintainer (yes, that's almost
45%). It's still too much for my taste, but it's better than the 60% we had
previously, thanks to the one who stepped up since my last call!

The modules without maintainers are spread this way:
 - 8 are tier 1 (so depending only on Qt);
 - 4 are tier 2 (depending on Qt and a couple of tier 1);
 - 11 are tier 3 (larger dependencies)
 - 2 are tier 4 (kde4support and modules helping for platform integration).

> I'd like to thanks all the people who already stepped up to become
> frameworks maintainers! And for those still hiding in the dark, here is
> your chance at providing a very critical service to our community!
>
> If you hesitate on becoming a maintainer, feel free to get in touch with me,
> we can probably work together to find something where you'll feel at home.
> If you have a calling to become a maintainer and already have well formed
> tastes and responsibilities you'd like to take, head to the wiki and book
> one of the frameworks:
> http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/List

Out of the ones without maintainers, the most critical to get a maintainer are
the following ones:
 * KItemModels;
 * KConfig;
 * KGuiAddons;
 * KWindowSystem;
 * KCrash;
 * KDED;
 * XmlGui.

If you feel like you should be the one maintaining some of those, seize the
relevant ones on the wiki!

Cheers!
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net