AW: KDE Review: Moving Smb4K to extragear/network

Alexander Reinholdt alexander.reinholdt at t-online.de
Fri Jan 17 20:01:57 GMT 2014

Am Freitag, 17. Januar 2014, 00:23:27 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> El Dijous, 16 de gener de 2014, a les 09:13:46, alexander.reinholdt at t-
>
> online.de va escriure:
> > [...]
> >
> > > Until recently the code resided in playground/network (Subversion
> > > repository) and I though now is the time to move Smb4K to kdereview with
> > > the intension to place it in extragear/network after review.
> > >
> > > The repository for the review is located at
> > > https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdereview/smb4k
> >
> > What's your target "virtual module"? extragear/utils?
> >
> > I'm not completely sure what you mean by "virtual module". Do you mean the
> > repository where eventually Smb4K should be placed in after review?
>
> Where in
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear
> do you want it to live?

I would like to place it in extragear/network, if that's possible.

> > I don't think your plasmoid is getting properly i18n'ed since i don't see
> > how it would load the smb4k catalog. Have you tried it works?
> >
> > On my desktop it is fully translated. However, I'd be happy about hints
> > how
> > to improve the plugin.
> >

> > Also you're using kde4_add_kdeinit_executable, can you explain why?
> >
> > Frankly, I don't remember. I think it had to do with some strange debug
> > messages from kdelibs that I tried to get rid of. I can revert this.
>
> I'd like to know which warnings you were getting without it, because it
> seems a bit of a weird thing to do (use kde4_add_kdeinit_executable in a
> regular app)

As far as I can remember it was the following message, that triggered this:

QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication.
Application may misbehave.

However, the change to kde4_add_kdeinit_executable did not change this, but I
did not revert the change.

As I said, I can revert this and will acually do it with the next commit.