Moving Baloo and Baloo-widgets into KDE SC

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Thu Jan 9 12:42:12 GMT 2014

Rough Update -

The migrator has been written and tested for files. The tags, rating, comments
and indexing configuration are properly migrated.

Considering that certain applications are still going to continue using
Nepomuk for sometime. The plan is to move most of kde-runtime/nepomuk into its
own repository which distributions can then choose to ship.

The tags and timeline kioslave will be renamed to nepomuk-tags and nepomuk-
timeline respectively. This is being done to avoid breaking the user
experience, as 99% of the users will be migrating to Baloo and will expect
their tag/timline related bookmarks to work as they did before.

With this I feel that distributions that think Nepomuk is still a priority can
ship the nepomuk-runtime repository which will allow users to enable Nepomuk
and use it.

Unless, someone still has objections I'll request a new repository for
nepomuk-runtime, and ask the system admins to move baloo into kdesc.

--
Vishesh Handa