Moving Baloo forward

GEO 1G2E3O4 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 16:58:48 GMT 2014

First of all: I am totally for xattr, thank you Vishesh for the great idea!

Maybe a strange idea, but it would resolve the privacy problem: Baloo could
optionally encrypt all the attributes using a user defined password, meaning
baloo stores encrypted strings as file attributes. I have no experience with
file attributes, but I suppose the performance of search queries would suck,
because of the decryption.

There will always be users who do not have any idea of security, so I think
it does not make sense to choose a technically inferior implementation by
default, just because of people not understanding much of it anyway.

Looking forward to the release!