Moving Milou to Extragear

Lukáš Tinkl ltinkl at redhat.com
Mon Feb 17 12:57:25 GMT 2014

Dne 14.2.2014 15:49, Burkhard Lück napsal(a):
> Am Freitag, 14. Februar 2014, 13:09:19 schrieb Vishesh Handa:
>> On Thursday, February 13, 2014 11:28:40 AM Burkhard Lück wrote:
>>> That loads the translation catalog, which also contains messages from the
>>> plasmoid outside the library.
>>>
>>> Apparently that happens early enough at runtime (at least I see the
>>> catalog
>>> is loaded running milou in plasmoidviewer in locale x-test), so even
>>> messages used only in the plasmoid are translated.
>>>
>>> Your plasmoid tries to load a catalog named "plasma_applet_milou_applet"
>>> via plasmoid/applet.h:60:K_EXPORT_PLASMA_APPLET(milou_applet, Applet),
>>> but you extract to milou, so this catalog does not exist.
>>
>> But then the "milou" catalog would be loaded so the translations should be
>> there, right?
>>
>> If not, what would be the correct way of fixing this? One option which I can
>> think of is extracting the translations to "plasma_applet_milou_applet",
>> and updating the KCatalogLoader in the case the library is used without the
>> applet.
>
> This does not make sense to me.
>
> Use two messages catalogs, one for the plasmoid named
> "plasma_applet_milou_applet" and loaded via K_EXPORT_PLASMA_APPLET and the
> second one for the library named e.g. "libmilou" and loaded via
> KCatalogLoader.

BTW, this approach will not work if you switch away from a C++ applet to
a pure QML one in the future, just saying...

> Btw the fixes from Lukáš Tinkl for the preview plugins are useless, because the
> plugins are part of the library, which loads its catalog already via
> KCatalogLoader.

How are the plugins part of the library? They are separate plugins and I
thought they might actually be used as such (e.g. in Dolphin) but I
might be wrong of course...

--
Lukáš Tinkl <ltinkl at redhat.com>
Software Engineer - KDE desktop team, Brno