Changes to our Git infrastructure

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Dec 29 22:45:56 GMT 2014

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Jan Kundrát <jkt at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday, 29 December 2014 23:05:48 CEST, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
>>
>> ...what does that have to do with anything?
>

> It means that there is no problem with having scratch repos ("self service
> repo creation") with Gitolite.
>
> I find that relevant because you mentioned that "the current scratch area
> itself is already entirely custom-coded on top of Gitolite, and that means
> it must be maintained."
>
> You meant personal clones. Confusion fixed, problem solved, let's move on.

Hi all,

Can we please get back on topic?
Things have gotten a bit tied up in the technical minutae of solutions
rather than what we want from our infrastructure.

Based on the conversation, it does appear there is some demand still
for scratch repositories at a minimum.

While we'll add that to the list of desired items, some of them may
not be able to be implemented at first following the switch.

> With kind regards,
> Jan
>
> --
> Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/