Changes to branch management

Jan Kundrát jkt at kde.org
Mon Dec 29 17:08:05 GMT 2014

On Monday, 29 December 2014 09:50:06 CEST, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Unfortunately allowing force pushes is an extremely messy business
> with the hooks - so we're unable to do this (for maintenance reasons
> among others).

Could you please elaborate on this one?

The only reason I remember ever hearing was "it will send all notification
e-mails again when you force-push". Why would that be a problem? Would
disabling e.g. the CCMAIL, BUG and CCBUG keywords (or the all of the
notification hooks) in all branches that support force pushes be a
reasonable fix?

With kind regards,
Jan

--