Changes to branch management

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Dec 25 10:09:40 GMT 2014

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 12:56 AM, Christian Mollekopf
<chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 December 2014 00.04:22 Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As the other thread has gotten a bit congested with various threads, I
>> thought I would split up the topics to make things a bit easier to
>> manage.
>>
>> The first seems the least contentious: allowing all developers to
>> delete branches on our mainline repositories, except for certain
>> protected branches (like "master" and "KDE/*" for instance).
>>
>> Any suggestions or variations on this?
>>

> This would be a great improvement indeed.
>
> I assume this would also work on scratch repositories?
> Since one person has to "own" a scratch repository, I think other people
> should still be able to delete branches in that repository.

The way our templating system works at the moment means we would need
to make a separate adjustment for them as they are declared
separately.
At the moment, normal developers only have the power to push to
existing branches on others scratch repositories.

> Cheers,
> Christian

Thanks,
Ben