Changes to our Git infrastructure

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Dec 23 14:32:39 GMT 2014

El Dimecres, 24 de desembre de 2014, a les 00:20:18, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> Hi all,
>
> As has been made evident in the prior thread there are quite a few
> interesting ideas floating around about what our Git infrastructure
> should be capable of.
>
> Our current one was constructed when KDE first seriously migrated to
> Git following the Gitorious experiments, and it shows. (As a sysadmin
> I can attest that parts of it are held together by digital glue and
> tape).
>
> Before we go ahead and jump to a new platform though - we need to know
> what we want.
> Can everyone please suggest what they think are the things they'd like
> to see feature wise?

Hope i'm answering what you asked :D

I want:
 * A dashboard to see the patches/Merge requests/whatever against the projects
i care
 * A dashboard to see the patches/Merge requests/whatever against all projects
 * Upload patches via git diff + web
 * Upload patches via git push
 * Download patch via web
 * Download patch via git
 * Apply patch from the web (to accounts with commit rights)
 * Gives me distinction to who has and who does not have commit rights
 * Sensible email notifications

Cheers,
  Albert