Plasma 5.2 bits for kdereview

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Fri Dec 19 17:46:11 GMT 2014

Jonathan Riddell ha scritto:
> Plasma 5.2 is due out next month and there's a few KDE projects which would be
> good to be included.  Please review these for inclusion in kde/workspace..
>
> Bluedevil frameworks branch by David Rosca
>  https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/base/bluedevil
>  https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/libs/libbluedevil
Is the library really for Plasma only? See below for some points about a
similar module.

> User-manager frameworks port (it overlaps a little with account details kcm
> but is mostly an admin tool)
>  https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/base/user-manager
kuser replacement?

> kscreen and libkscreen maintained by Dan Vrátil.  libkscreen is already
> released with Plasma but isn't in kde/workspace.
>  https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/libs/libkscreen
>  https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/base/kscreen

I disagree with moving libkscreen to kde/workspace. It is a dependency for at
least one application (Okular), which has no Framework version for now but it
will have it. It would make more sense to have libkscreen in Frameworks, like
libnm*

> ModemManagerQt, already released with Plasma, makes sense to move to
> kde/workspace (libnm-qt is moving to frameworks)
>  https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/libs/libmm-qt
Ditto, see above.

> I'll ask for the ones in playground to be moved to kdereview now so URLs may
> change.

I won't be able to move translations today. If anyone else can do it, please
do - or move the move to tomorrow.

Ciao
--
Luigi