[Kde-pim] Problems with infrastructure

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Dec 19 14:08:46 GMT 2014

On Tuesday, December 16, 2014 16:12:05 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> For deleting branches, I think we can allow this - given some
> protection for certain branches (like the KDE/* branches for
> instance). Note that courtesy of the backup functionality in our
> hooks, no branch or tag is ever truly deleted from a repository on
> git.kde.org. I don't know how easy it would be to alter this behaviour
> based on the account name of the developer.

What I would find helpful, concretely:
- being allowed to delete "own" branches
- force push for "own" branches since I could delete and recreate a branch, I
  may just as well directly be allowed to force-push, this makes it a bit
  easier to keep branches as clean as possible

where "own" means "branchname starts with username/", for example
"sebas/hacking".

Cheers,
--
sebas