[Kde-pim] Problems with infrastructure

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Fri Dec 12 22:25:46 GMT 2014

Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> So what do you suggest, because we already tried gitlab and didn't work,
> is there any more github clones out there that may work for us? I don't

There are at least a couple:

- Gitbucket (written in Scala, mimics the GitHub interface)
- Gogs (written in Go, see my previous mail on the topic)

I've used both, but not at the scale KDE needs, though. ;)

Gitbucket:

- Uses its own embedded SSH (!) on a non standard port (like Gerrit)
- There are a few issues with documentation
- Java / Scala (not everyone's cup of tea)
- Supports LDAP like KDE needs
- No information on performance
- No information on large number of repositories
- Probably no customization of appearance

Gogs:

- Fast and lean
- Go (not everyone's cup of tea)
- Uses the system's SSH
- Does not support yet LDAP like KDE wants (I filed issues about it
upstream)
- Inconsistent UI (not yet finished)
- No information on customization of appearance
- Strange way of configuration (copy ini file elsewhere, modify)
- Behind Gitbucket in terms of features
- No information on performance
- No information on large number of repositories

Gitbucket: https://github.com/takezoe/gitbucket
Gogs: https://gogs.io

Hope this helps.

--